Between 2018-2020, students in England were over three times more likely than average to have experienced sexual assault according to the Office for National Statistics.
Dr Penny Turnbull is the Assistant Director of Student Services at the University of St Andrews. She works alongside Kara Stewart, Coordinator at GotConsent and Leonor Capelier, Intern at Stand Together. GotConsent is a student-led initiative at the University of St Andrews designed to raise awareness of sexual misconduct, educate students in bystander intervention and support survivors.
In this video, Penny, Kara and Leonor share how the GotConsent workshops have been co-produced with Police Scotland and students to deliver safe and inclusive support on campus. They discuss how the programme has developed into an online format and has been included as part of the matriculation process to increase awareness of consent across the university.
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter