Sadly, there is a lack of women studying and working in STEM sectors. Globally, only 35 per cent of STEM students in higher education are female.
Dr Helen Coulshed is Chair of the Faculty of Natural & Mathematical Sciences Equality and Diversity Committee at King’s College London. In this session, from the Women in STEM Conference of 2021, Helen discussed why we need to support and engage women in STEM. They also presented the aims of the Athena Swan Award and further projects from King’s College such as the Women in Science Scholarship Scheme and the Gender Equality Fund.
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter