City Harvest is an organisation that aims to reduce food insecurity across London by diverting nutritious edible surplus food from waste and redistributing it to the hungry.
Laura Winningham OBE is co-founder of City Harvest. They have built an organisation creating value out of what others deemed waste. Food with a retail value of more than £33 million has been rescued from the food industry. 20 million meals have been delivered to over 350 community food programs, free of charge. Thousands of men, women and children are better nourished, improving their health and wellbeing.
Laura spoke at our Waste Management 2021 conference, describing the valuable work of City Harvest and the benefits the organisation has brought to local communities as well as to the wider environment.
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter