In the 2 and a half years since the Resources and Waste Strategy was published, much has changed. Significant effort continues in resource and waste policy, both on major reforms, but also developing policies on many more commitments.
Dr Tom Murray is Deputy Head of Resources and Waste Policy at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs. He’s been working in the area since 2017, including developing and delivering Government’s 2018 Resources and Waste Strategy and subsequent policy development to deliver on its commitments. Tom’s principal role is to ensure Resources and Waste policies are developed based on the best available evidence.
Dr Murray shared the latest updates on collection and packaging reforms, biowaste and landfill and the incineration of plastics at our Waste Management 2021 conference.
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter