The Young Barnet Foundation was set up to provide local solutions to local issues in the London Borough of Barnet. They work to bring charities and organisations together to support and build capacity in the CYP voluntary sector across the borough. Their vision is for young people to grow up healthy, safe, and happy with the best opportunities to secure brighter futures
They represent a diverse membership of charities and youth organisations with a footprint across the borough. They are a sector lead in Barnet, providing members with information, sharing best practice, advice, creating networking opportunities, fundraising training and developing partnerships.
Janet Matthewson is CEO of the Young Barnet Foundation. The charity is newly established with three years of core funding to work through. Janet’s previous roles include Head of Children’s Services at Community Barnet (North London CVS Partnership) and Trust Manager at Barnet FC Community Trust.
In this session from the Voluntary Sector Management and Leadership Conference, Janet shared their management strategy which includes regular company and workforce reviews to promote wellbeing, and clearly demonstrating outcomes.
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter