The Government Digital Strategy published in 2012, set out how government services will become Digital by Default. The report defines digital by default as:
“Digital services that are so straightforward and convenient that all those who can use them will choose to whilst those who can’t are not excluded”
Phil Rumens is Digital Services Manager for West Berkshire Council, as well as Chair of LocalGov Digital. Phil has worked in Local Government and digital services for 25 years. Phil spoke at the Transforming Technology Services in Local Government Conference 2021 about how Digital by Default is an enabler for change in local government. They provided a historical account of the use of digital technology in local government, highlighting how developments have strengthened services and streamlined workflows.
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter