The Bishop Young Church of England Academy in Leeds was established as a take-over academy as part of the Abbey Multi Academy Trust in Leeds. Student and staff wellbeing and an inclusive culture were prioritised during the take-over.
They have worked hard to achieve national mental health awards, as well as to develop a new culture in the school which handles staff mental health with consideration and care. All of this has been done with an incentive to keep down costs.
Emily Kempthorne is Vice-Principal at Bishop Young Academy. In this session, Emily presents the wellbeing strategies of the school and how they have ensured that they are being cost-effective in their efforts.to
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter