In 2020, the Government launched the Charter for Social Housing Residents White Paper. This sets out new expectations for housing associations and local authorities to improve tenant engagement and accountability in the social housing system.
Emma Warwick is the Head of Service in Neighbourhoods and Housing at Hull City Council where she oversees numerous strategies championing the customer voice and implementing service improvements. Steve Shirra is the Business Insight and Quality Manager in Neighbourhoods and Housing at Hull City Council, where he works with tenant representatives.
In this video, Emma and Steve share how Hull City Council have used the pyramid of engagement model to improve communication with tenants and involve them in housing-related decisions.
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter