T Levels offer students a mixture of classroom learning and ‘on-the-job experience’, during an industry placement of at least 315 hours (approximately 45 days). As part of the T Level scheme, students can take legal industry placements. This could involve procuring experience in legal, financial, and accounting fields.
Althaf Hussain is a solicitor at Fountain Solicitors. Althaf has worked there since 2015 practising family law and wills. Prior to this he worked in various areas of criminal and civil law and has routinely overseen individuals who are carrying out work experience and placements at the firm
We heard from Althaf at our T Levels 2021 conference. He shared his own experiences of work placements and how they supported the development of his own career path. Also discussing the benefits to employers of taking on a T Level student, as well as problems that could occur during placements and how to tackle them.
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter