In recent years, NHS staff have faced unprecedented challenges and been under extreme pressure to deliver high-quality patient care consistently. The Covid-19 pandemic had a severe impact on staff welfare, as reflected in the 2021 NHS Staff Survey where 31.1% of NHS workers said they often think about leaving the organisation.
Dr Olivia Donnelly is a Consultant Clinical Psychologist and Coach at North Bristol NHS Trust. She leads the Staff Wellbeing Psychology team and has an interest in a practical, values-based approach to promoting wellbeing within individuals and teams across healthcare organisations. This approach is based on the foundation that ‘resilience is between us, not just within us.’
In this video, Olivia discusses a 5-step strategy to support staff and build healthier teams in NHS trusts. Drawing on real-life examples, she illustrates ways to promote positive working cultures and strengthen the mental resilience of NHS staff. In turn, this will improve the quality of care provided to patients.
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter