In February 2020, The British Association for Sexual Health and the Terrence Higgins Trust published the State of the Nation report on Sexual Health. This report exposed the groups particularly vulnerable to STI’s, calling on the Government to reverse the funding cuts that have placed tremendous pressures on services and those working within them at a crucial time of need
Dr Michael Brady is a Sexual Health and HIV consultant at Kings College Hospital in London and the Medical Director of the HIV and Sexual Health charity, Terrence Higgins Trust. In April 2019 Michael was appointed as the National Advisor for LGBTQ+ Health at NHS England (NHSE). In this role, he works across NHSE, with the Government Equalities Office, the Department of Health and Social Care and a wide range of stakeholders, partner organisations and the LGBTQ+ community to address health inequalities for LGBTQ+ individuals and improve the experience in the NHS.
In this session from the Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare Conference 2021, Dr Brady provided an overview of the State of the Nation report, an overview of the structural inequalities that impact service delivery, and specific examples of sexual health inequalities
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter