There are over 65,000 buildings in the school estate and many schools are not configured in the best way to meet their changing needs. Demand for school improvement work is increasing nationally.
LocatED are a multidisciplinary team bringing commercial property sector expertise to the Department of Education’s estate. They find, buy, and manage sites for new schools whilst working with commercial developers to deliver mixed-use developments. LocatED
support schools to self-fund building improvements and release land for housing. Lara Newman is Chief Executive of LocatED. Lara has brought together a team of experts able to bring both experience and pace to the delivery of new schools. Under Lara’s leadership, LocatED has acquired more than 150 sites for schools, facilitated over 75,000 new school places, in doing so driving many millions of pounds of savings for the public purse. Lara spoke at our Public Sector Estates 2021 conference, sharing the benefits of repurposing surplus land through presenting the recent development projects of LocatED.
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter