The UK Government has a target to achieve at least 50% reduction in carbon emissions across the public sector estate by 2032. Energy Systems Catapult provides technical, commercial and policy expertise to drive innovation across the whole energy system.
Christine St John Cox is Head of the Catapult’s Modern Energy Partners (MEP). The MEP programme is delivered in partnership with BEIS and the Cabinet Office. The programme focuses on developing and testing a systematic approach to the development of decarbonisation plans, the rapid deployment of submetering, and the implementation of decarbonisation plans.
Stuart Burrows is Programme Director for Sustainability & Asset Performance at the Office for Government Property (OGP), within the Cabinet Office. He leads on the programme of work to drive and coordinate transformation of the government estate in relation to asset condition, Net-Zero and broader sustainability. Christine and Stuart spoke at our Public Sector Estates 2021 conference, on delivery and scalability through the Modern Energy Partners programme. Alongside addressing the key systemic barriers for scalable decarbonisation and integrating plans into business-as-usual estate management.
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter