Excellent hygiene procedures in hospitals are more important than ever. Focusing on the basics of proper handwashing during a global pandemic is needed to reinforce the risks associated with contamination and inadequate patient safety.
In this session, Kate Harkus, Lead Practice Educator Infection Prevention and Control, and Helen Dunn, Lead Nurse Infection Prevention and Control at Great Ormond Street Hospital provide insights into best practices for promoting better hygiene in trusts across the country.
In this session from Patient Safety 2021: Driving Improvement in Systems and Culture Across the NHS, they discuss the importance of sterile glove use, thorough hand washing and risk assessments using a contextual backdrop of Covid-19.
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter