Two-thirds of university staff are considering leaving the sector, according to a recent University and College Union report. Deteriorating work conditions have been cited as a contributing factor. Prioritising mental health as part of a whole-university approach to wellbeing can help staff achieve their full potential.
Emma Slaven is a Senior Adviser at ACAS and has worked in a variety of roles across the organisation since she joined in 2013. She specialises in mental health and wellbeing, working closely with several private and public sector organisations to help them implement wellbeing strategies.
In this video, Emma shares insights into creating a good workplace culture that promotes employee wellbeing. Focusing on workplace relations, she highlights effective conflict management strategies and other policies to improve staff satisfaction and retention.
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter