Covid-19 and the actions taken to reduce the spread of the pandemic have had a transformative effect on high streets, with little or no services and businesses open. As we emerge from the pandemic effective recovery methods are crucial to the survival of high streets up and down the country
Professor Cathy Parker is Co-Chair of the Institute of Place Management (IPM). The IPM develop internationally recognised standards of performance in place management. Cathy is also Professor of Retail and Marketing Enterprise at Manchester Metropolitan University and Research Lead for the Government’s High Streets Task Force.
Cathy’s presentation provides a recovery framework that offers ways of supporting high streets through regeneration and growth.
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter