The university application process is an anxious time for prospective students. The uncertainty caused by the closure of schools and colleges and the cancellation of exams during the pandemic heightened this.
At the peak of Covid-19 nervousness, 25% of applicants were thinking of deferring. However, overall university applications rose during the lockdown.
Andy Frampton is Customer Success Director at UCAS, responsible for ensuring the business delivers excellent customer service to its provider customers.
Mike Adams is Principal Insight Consultant at UCAS. Building partnerships between Universities, the UCAS Insight team, and Client Success Directors, he helps universities develop their strategic planning through data-driven decision making.
Andy and Mike both spoke at the HEFE Marketing 2021 conference, discussing the effect of Covid-19 on UCAS admissions. They talked about the applications landscape both prior to and at the height of the pandemic, as well as plans for the future of university applications.
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter