Findings from the Victims Commissioner’s 2021 Victim Survey reveal that only 43% of respondents said they would report a crime again.
Nina Champion is the Director of the Criminal Justice Alliance and has been in this role since 2018. She began her career as a criminal defence solicitor and then ran various prevention, rehabilitation and resettlement projects for different organisations.
In this video, Nina addresses the role of trust, confidence and communications in the criminal justice process and shares how a negative experience of these can alienate victims. Giving victims a voice throughout the justice system can help practitioners gain a better understanding of victim needs. Nina discusses ways to engage with victims and co-produce services that help them to heal.
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter