Curious Minds was established in 2009 to deliver Arts Council England’s Creative Partnerships programme across Lancashire and Merseyside.
Curious Minds believe that cultural education is equally as important for children as academic education. Therefore, they have developed several training programmes for teachers to become cultural education leaders.
Derri Burdonis Chief Executive of Curious Minds. She is a former teacher and Head of Enrichment for Learning at Bolton Council, where she led Bolton’s Find Your Talent pathfinder. Her key expertise is in school improvement, extra-curricular learning, bid writing and strategic programme design. She sits on the Cultural Learning Alliance’s Strategic Group, is a school governor and is Co-chair of Blaze Arts.
In this session fromThe Delivering Excellence in Teaching Arts in Schools Conference, 2021, Derri shared the training programmes offered by Curious Minds which put teachers on track to becoming leaders in cultural education. They discussed the benefits to both students and teachers of earning this accolade.
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter