In April 2022, the Building Safety Act became law, transforming the building regulations sector. The act makes clear how residential buildings should be constructed, maintained and made safe for tenants.
Brent O’Halloran is a Building Safety Advisor at Clarion Housing Group. He is an accomplished housing professional with expert knowledge in building safety and asset management, currently working with Clarion to develop an innovative building safety regime.
In this video, Brent discusses the impacts of the Building Safety Act on the housing sector, notably the requirements of landlords to develop a safety case for each of their higher risk buildings. Emphasising the need for trust between the landlord and tenant, he shares how resident engagement is an integral aspect of developing a systems approach to building safety.
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter