In light of the Grenfell Tower disaster, many fire safety issues have emerged, particularly surrounding cladding systems. The financial and emotional impact on residents of buildings with unsafe cladding is significant, particularly where they may be liable for remediation costs.
Rebecca Fairclough is the Campaign Lead at Manchester Cladiators. Manchester Cladiators is a voluntary group representing the residents of buildings across Greater Manchester with dangerous cladding systems and serious internal fire safety issues.
In this session, from The Changing Landscape of UK Building Regulations and Fire Safety, Rebecca presents the work of Manchester Cladiators. The talk also gives a voice to residents and leaseholders in Manchester who have been left struggling to overcome the financial and emotional complications that dangerous building cladding presents.
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter