Promoting equality, diversity and inclusion is important in every workplace. A diverse workforce can improve productivity as the range of employee perspectives increases creativity, leading to greater innovation and better problem-solving.
Patrick Thomson is a Policy Institute Director at the Shaw Trust. Prior to joining Shaw Trust, he worked for the Centre for Ageing Better. The Shaw Trust provide employment support for disabled people and help them overcome barriers preventing them from accessing work.
In this video, Patrick shares the value of hiring disabled and older people. He gives insights into implementing inclusive recruitment practices to widen talent pools and strategies for becoming an age and disability friendly employer.
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter