As a result of the pandemic and the disruption caused to schools, the attainment gap has started to widen for the first time since 2011.
By taking an evidence-based approach, the Education Endowment Foundation has been able to create toolkits schools can consult for implementing their attainment gap strategies.
In this session from the 2021 Closing the Attainment Gap conference, Alex Quigley, Senior Associate at the Education Endowment Foundation shared how involving parents and having a sustained engagement with them can help support children’s learning. Using evidence, he further highlighted how early interventions in learning can be vital in shrinking the attainment gap.
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter