Florence Myles is Professor of Second Language Acquisition and Director of Research in the Department of Language and Linguistics at the University of Essex, where she founded the Centre for Research in Language Development throughout the Lifespan (LaDeLi).
She is Chair of the Research in Primary Languages Network (RiPL), a national network of researchers, practicing teachers, teacher educators, and policymakers aiming to support language professionals and influence policy in primary language education.
In this interview she discusses the work of RiPL with a particular focus on their white paper, Primary Languages Policy in England: The Way Forward. 
 RIPL.uk. 2018. Primary Languages Policy in England: The Way Forward [Online] [Accessed]
 MGC Interview with Professor Florence Myles 10/07/2021
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter