The Equality and Inclusion Partnership highlight the barriers that ethnic minority communities face when accessing safeguarding services. There is a significant lack of referrals to safeguarding services from ethnic minority communities as well as issues relating to language barriers, cultural stigma, complex immigration issues and racism.
Junaid Hussain is Chief Executive of the Equality and Inclusion Partnership. They are a charity that works across Warwickshire to eliminate discrimination in all its forms. They also work alongside local groups, businesses, and organisations to help build understanding and cohesion through group learning and tailored training courses.
Junaid spoke at our Adult Safeguarding 2021 conference, sharing the additional barriers that ethnic minority communities face relating to safeguarding. They provide guidance and specialist services that can be utilised to make safeguarding as inclusive as possible. The presentation offers ways of supporting professional services to better engage with ethnic minority communities via improved training and awareness for the need for high-quality support.
Register now to continue accessing this page
Subscribe today and use MGC to discover how your peers, across the country, are implementing policies and driving change so you can learn from their experiences, apply best practice, and develop your expertise.
- Access to a dedicated public sector resource that you read, see and hear.
- More than 50 new articles per month
- Insights into how to deliver better public services
- The latest best practice in your sector
- Evidence base case study focused videos, original articles, interviews and more
- Save time by personalising your MGC to only see the relevant content you need
- Automatically earn and track your CPD points
- Discounts to Government Events and GovPD training courses
- Monthly update newsletter